Tovarisch, I Am Not Dead.
HomeAbout the FilmTrailerMovie BlogHistorical BlogAbout the BookScreenings and FestivalsPress
Historical Blog

Monday 25 September 2006

A Gulag World?

Hi all, Tom here. I'd like to ask visitors who have direct or indirect experience from the gulags if stories from Iraq about torture, interrogations, extra-territorial renditions and the like are familiar, disturbing, frightening...?

As I'm American (the only Yank on the team here), I guess I'm curious. What my country is doing--is it the same as what happened in the U.S.S.R.? The Washington Post published an article centered on an interview with Vladimir Bukovsky about interrogations in the Soviet era-- here's the link. How true is this?

I'll probably write more on this later--I don't want this to become the dominant issue of this weblog, but I am curious about this.

Thanks for your input.

No comments:

 
©2007 Cyclops Vision, All Rights Reserved | Terms of Use | Accessibility Statement | Site Map